Wednesday, April 26, 2017

OUGD503: Studio Brief 3 - Project Report

Project Report:







Chosen Briefs:

YCN - Quorn

Why?
This brief was chosen because it is important to evoke social change in peoples attitudes in regards to eating meat and really understanding what cruelty free means. A lot of people are grown up with it and we are taught that meat is part of the food chart we need in everyday life when there are other means of getting protein. The challenge was to create a campaign which seemed interesting and engaging to participate in.

Resolution:
A press pack. It was something that is helpful as well as adversarial and raises awareness. It's easily assessable and good for people that don't understand where to begin in a meat-free journey. Even if it's a day it's beneficial to the environment.

Success/problems:
Setting self initiated deadlines to complete the work before the competition deadline was a strong point. It was also interesting knowing what people would like to receive in a pack like this and what would persuade people to go meat free without being preachy and intrusive of peoples diets. I learned a lot from this project about the meat industry and peoples views.
_____________________________________________________________________________
Penguin - To Kill a Mockingbird

Why?
This book is a classic piece of literature. Out of the three books that could have been designed this is the one I personally preferred the most because of the story. I had also read it before so I had an idea of what themes to design the cover as.

Resolution:
An illustrative book design was produced as a final resolution.

Success/problems:
I liked the colour scheme. The grey and white work nicely together. A problem I found was that the illustration looks quite flat. If I was to do it again I would have made the illustration a thicker line drawing and probably more detailed.
_____________________________________________________________________________
Papyrus Student Brief - TBWA

Why?
Raising awareness in teen suicide is so important. I had previously made a colouring book for a different project so I thought it would be interesting to create a singular page with more specific guidelines on the design.

Resolution:
I created a cactus design because plants are calming. They reference the outside world and not feeling trapped which is a fundamental principle in mental illness and feeling anxious. It's a sentiment of relief and it is very on trend because of the plants and cacti sold in big high street shops such as Urban Outfitters.

Success/problems:
I don't think I fully interpreted the brief correctly. I left a gap for a piece of text but didn't fill the text in with the rationale on why I created what I did. Instead I put it in the email instead. This just demonstrated I need to re read the brief constantly to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

_____________________________________________________________________________
Collaborative - YCN - Thirsty Planet

Why?
The brief is to design a campaign to appeal to our age group and try make something that is so important, "cool." It seemed challenging but good to complete as a collaborative project. It was slightly out of my comfort zone too because in a previous module I realised I didn't particularly enjoy app design but for this brief it was helpful putting knowledge from a previous brief into a new one. I had a better understanding on interface design.

Resolution:
An app to help use thirsty planet as a social hub as well as reminding people to drink water consistently throughout the day. It's a thing a lot of people forget to do but such a vital part of life.

Success/problems:
Trying to develop a concept for an app was hard but I think that it was helpful to create something that was interactive and actually beneficial for the user. We were originally just going to create posters but decided to go the extra mile and design something for screen to appeal to the demographic more as younger people are always on their phone and on the go. The only problems were meeting up and time management because we obviously have our own other modules going on but we face timed and phone called and met individual deadlines so it was fine in the end. I think this is the most successful project from responsive and I like the design and concept because it's clean and something I would genuinely use in everyday life.



No comments:

Post a Comment