Tuesday, March 6, 2018

OUGD603: Secret 7 Submission - London Grammar - Help





"When listening to the song you're instantly captivated by the sound of the piano. The band is called London Grammar so an illustration over the city creates a peaceful unison."

I had never heard this song before so when listening I didn't expect a prominent piano sound. I felt like this had to be included and a key component in the cover. I played the song whilst drawing over this image and this is what I imagined and came up with.

As you are not allowed to use the artists name or song title within the cover I had decided to take photos in London of a landscape with distinctive features of the capital to represent this.

The design focuses on a photo of the London eye being the predominant feature of the capital. A piano illustration which reflects the music and finally notes and lines to represent the flow and gentle nature of the song. This also gives the image more depth than it being a flat photograph with a singular piano illustration which is something that had also been tried.


I personally do like the simplicity of this one although I feel like with the other illustrative pieces it ties the image together more. This is more subtle.


Feedback:

"Might have looked better black and white."
"The illustrations are subtle but noticeable. Reminds me of Disclosure art work."
"I can imagine the movement within this. Would be nice as a gift, steady movement."
"Piano might have looked good placed in the centre of the image."
"Ambiguous. Good illustrations, give a sketchy, messy look that people go for but you might of know what song it is if you knew the song titles from the competition."

No comments:

Post a Comment