Sunday, October 2, 2016

OUGD504: Studio Brief 01 - A-Z: Type In Context - Initial Ideas & Photos

My initial idea was to do an A-Z on the zoo. However, the zoo I work at is very small and didn't actually have that much signage and typography so I found it difficult finding the letters that were different and unique enough for this brief. I wanted it to be more exciting and different than what the zoo was offering me which was a consistency of sans serif fonts for wayfinding signs.


I then decided to do New York as I went on a short holiday there at the end of summer. We stayed in Times Sq so obviously there was a lot of signage and stores which look more intricate because of the prestigious nature of some of the streets. Here are some of the photos I collected from the holiday:



























No comments:

Post a Comment