Tuesday, March 28, 2017

OUGD505: Studio Brief 02 - Product, Range, Distribution - Researching Sticker Art

Definition: "Sticker Art is a form of street at in which an image or message is publicly displayed using stickers. These stickers may promote a political agenda, comment on a policy or issue, or comprise a subcategory or graffiti."

The point of preventing sexual harassment is clubs is because people need to be made aware it's wrong. To stop promoting rape culture and making it excusable. It needs to be an effective way of getting the message across.

Photograph the stickers in impromptu situations.

Colour scheme:
Pastel - appeal to a female audience, stand out because bars are usually dark and black.


Potential messages & feedback suggestions:

"Don't touch me."
"No thanks."
"Nope."
"Don't be a dick."
"No means no."
"I'm not yours."
"I am my own being."
"I control my own body."
"Be aware if anyone needs help."
"Are you asking for it? Consent."
"Consent."
"Empower, accept, love."
"My body not yours."

Other feedback:

"You should sticker bomb club bathrooms too because girls look around there too."

No comments:

Post a Comment