Saturday, March 18, 2017

OUGD505: Studio Brief 01 - Leeds West Indian Carnival - Feedback on Initial Sketches & Sketchbook






Throughout the project I have kept an A3 sketchbook in which I included water colour sketches and rough drawings that could be transformed into a print. I chose to keep an A3 one because that is the size of the required print and I wanted to make sure that it would fit the page. I let people look through it and tell me what colours worked and they liked and any other suggestions they could make for me to create sketches of.

Feedback:
"You do a lot of black and white you definitely need to make your final print colourful."
"Focus on the outfits and the detail within the outfits. The beads, sequins and feathers are interesting. Study those a bit more. Look at other carnivals and how they dress maybe compare and see what makes the Leeds West Indian carnival unique and special."
"I like the colours in the yellow and orange wheel."
"Just keep doing sketches. Do more ones that fill the page and experiment with your prints within it."

No comments:

Post a Comment