Wednesday, April 6, 2016

OUGD404: Printing My Second Publication





Today I went to staples and attempted to print my book. This was the first way my book printed... A4 sheets which were not set out in a book format instead they printed an image per page. So I attempted again and it came out in a booklet format. Tomorrow I am going to the print room to add the inserts and staple the book together.

The stock in staples I chose to use was a matte finish paper 160 gsm for the front and back pages and 120 gsm for the middle pages.





My next step for this book is to piece it together. 


I found the process of printing this book very difficult and was told I was being very ambitious with my concept as a piece of feedback but I really wanted to try make it. I also printed a back up book before breaking up for easter incase this layout concept went wrong because I was worried it may have been "too ambitious" and also because I had not completely figured out how I was going to place the inserts yet. It's the same concept for a book but the layout is simplified without the inserts.

My back up book:






I wanted it to maintain the focal point on the images but instead of having the insert. The reader sees the item first then the caption to understand the story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment