Thursday, February 18, 2016

OUGD406: Further Practical Experimentation


Through the last practical experimentation I began to not like the design. I felt it looked very messy. However, I liked the concept of the type. How "together" separates into the phrase "to get her." I decided to completely strip back my idea to being inspired by the dots in the music video and created these paintings. They are based on the letters of the phrase "The Less I Know The Better" this is how I organised the dots. I didn't want to sporadically place them not the page like previously. I wanted more concept towards them so the dots represent:

T H E
L E S S
I
K N O W
T H E
B E T T E R




I also did these paint experiments just so that I could experiment with more concepts and ideas. The first painting is just a watercolour of a few colours to create a psychedelic looking pattern. I then wrote over in UV pen To Get Her so that the concept was a secret message. I then realised for the brief you cannot print in that so I decided against that idea and the second one is together separated in the same dot format as the concept above. 




This was the painting with the UV light on it. I wanted it to be reminiscent of a trippy, psychedelic effect. It is a hidden message. 

I wanted to experiment with the dots without text using this exercise as I think it makes the record look more like an ambiguous piece of exhibition art instead of something that could be produced as the actual album cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment