Tuesday, January 19, 2016

OUGD405: Studio Brief 02 - GF. Smith Stock




These are the papers I decided to order and test in my mock ups so I just need to get them printed. However, a few of the sheets are slightly too off white than I wanted them to be but I don't think that the leaflet needs to be completely crystal white although that option is available. These are mostly thin weights with one heavy weight to test if the ink will crack on that paper. I'm going to use these sheets for my mock ups and pick the best from them for my final leaflet after asking for feedback on the five different types of stock once they are printed on. The 135 gsm seem quite see through and too thin so perhaps they won't hold the full side of black ink. I did consider using black stock but the print room does not print white ink. It is difficult to find a place that will print white ink on black stock so I decided to use the full side of black from the digital design instead of the stock.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I originally printed mock ups on 90 gsm photocopy paper just to test the layout and see if I could actually create the fold from the net. It was successful so after I ordered the GF Smith paper I printed on each of those one sided so that I could experiment with the different paper weights on the folds. The 135 gsm still seemed too thin because the entirely black side was apparent through the white side and the ink bled through on one of them. I also experimented on the colorplan bright white stock which was 270 gsm paper weight but it was too thick. The ink immediately split once folded.

I have decided to produce my leaflet on 200 gsm matte paper because it is a medium between the 270 which was too thick and the 90 gsm and 135 which was too thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment